In Search of Soy: The Adventures of Celina

Sunday, June 04, 2006

And so it begins...

Can't say I really have all that much to say honestly. It's just that I finally came up with a blog name - crap as it may be and as much as it cannot live up to the weeks of group deliberation - and I thought I should probably blog something or other.

Not that there's nothing to say in actual fact. I am rather surprised that I got here at all - really did not deserve to given that I bought my insurance at 4:45 the day before I left and was still packing at 11pm. ButI like to think that adds an interesting danger element to my daily life.

But I am still rather jet lagged thus I shall tell a story through pictures taken with my camera, who I have come to call Pedro because I love him like a first born son.

Everytime I am in a hotel that has even remotely fancy pants, I have an enduring and inexplicable urge to behave like Macaulay Culkin in Home Alone 2: Lost in New York. I can't explain it. It just happens. And sometimes, I also photograph and publish my shame.




I suspect this was also related to my joy at being in the homeland of Junichiro Koizumi, arguably the hottest prime minister in the world. Although... that Helen Clark...

Anyways, got in to Madrid after another marathon flight which surprisingly was not made more bearable by Big Momma's House 2 or both the American and Japanese versions of the true life story of the rescue of dog-sleigh-dogs by Antartic scientists. Strange but true. I did, however, take some comfort in the fact that it looks as though all the check in staff in the world really, really want me to live. I get getting seated right near the exit door and I believe this is their way of saying "I want you to live the most Celina".

Anyways, I should go. My sister and her friend Jo were really excited about watching the Spanish version of Deal or No Deal - and really, when it comes down to it who isn't? - but it appears not to show on Sundays. So we are off in search of perhaps soy, but more realistically anything which is without ham. It could just leave me with water.

So thus my story in pictures is just me crapping on. What a surprise.

Hasta la vista.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are an idiot!!!!!! love pat

12:40 pm  
Blogger Celina said...

no, you are.

7:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

4:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home