In Search of Soy: The Adventures of Celina

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Shut up, I'm working.

Here I sit at a proper desk, in a proper office, on my fourth day of work and I wonder: will updating my blog from my highly visible work computer result in me being fired before I have given my new employer my bank account details?

I guess, though, that it’s not all that much worse than bringing an MP3 player in on my second day and spending most of yesterday trying to find out if there really are only 8 public holidays a year in England. I have to say, though, I’m not just a little bit cocky about my ability to hold on to this job seeing as specially bred monkeys could probably do it quite satisfactorily.

So it is, my dear neglected readers, that I have finally landed in London and started to resume something of a ‘productive life’. That is to say, I used up all of my redundancy payout somewhere between Bosnia and Sweden and I need to start earning a valuable currency.

And I must say that I have a great affection for the English dreariness. I always found the sunshine in Sydney oppressive. So much squinting. But here, every morning when I see that great eternity of greyness slumped over the city I smile and think London is the greatest town in the world. Bring me my galoshes man servant!

I am also quite amazed if you have read this, seeing as it’s been two months since I last posted anything at all. You must be really, really bored. My ego thanks you from the bottom of it’s shallow heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home